Old November 6th 03, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

Default Oyster Issue (?)

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 17:50:48 +0000 (UTC), "RayB"
wrote:

(snipped)

What annoys me more is that the TOC for this line are happy to take their
share of the London Travel "pot" but will do nothing to move with the times
vis. Oyster. I dread to think what will happen when weeklies go "Oyster"
later this year, that'll mean over half their customers have tickets that
can't be read.

RayB

It is my understanding that Oyster is an LT/TfL initiative which the
mainline TOCs went along with. Whilst there is the significant
likelhood of a financial payback on TfL services, mainline companies
have less to gain. Especially as they have already invested in ticket
gates and revenue protection staff since privatisation in order to
shore up their farebox takings.

Rob