Old November 25th 07, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default LT Museum Reopens

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:08:58 +0000, Paul G
wrote:

In message , David Biddulph
writes
"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
In message
, Mizter
T writes
It's also worth noting the late opening of the museum on fridays until
9pm.

But apparently not the shop (Fridays until 6.00pm), which I find
distinctly odd. This is not only a major part of a museum visit for many
but also seems to seriously limit income when the museum is costing money
to be open.

Where are you looking at the opening time of the shop, Ian?
http://www.ltmuseum.co.uk/visiting/106.aspx says until 21:00 on Fridays.

People were queuing outside the museum, along the piazza, yesterday. My
househouse and I judged the queue to be long enough to put our visit to
the museum off until another (school) day. The shop also looked rather
busy.

It doesn't surprise me at all that it was that busy. It used to be
terribly busy at weekends as did the shop. The novelty value of it
reopening will take a while to wear off. I imagine it will be busy most
of the time until January and very busy during the holiday period.
--
Paul C