Old November 25th 07, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Fitzgerald Steve Fitzgerald is offline

Default LT lies

In message
,
Boltar writes

Or the line actually was suspended, the driver was due for relief and whilst
the relief was being effected whatever had caused the suspension cleared and
the train therefore continued to it's booked destination. Out of interest
where and on what date did this occur? I'll try to find out what happened
for you.

Was at arnos grove going north around 4pm. Can't remember the date
offhand, was about a week ago. He actually said it was suspended
because there were men working on the points north of the station.
Well I couldn't see anyone and the next set are north of southgate.
*shrug*

Ah yes, we did have that the other week. There was a point failure with
the new points at the east end of the platform and the controller
suspended the service. 10 minutes later he ran a train through to
Cockfosters - I know that as I drove that first train!

As it happens, the driver you so blithely accuse of wanting to get off
early had just picked up the train fresh from another driver who was
about 50 mins late finishing. He was as surprised as us all when the
signaller took a release (reset the eastbound starting signal to danger
- without warning) and the Line Controller then told him that the
service was suspended and that train was to go back west.

Just goes to show, when you know the full story.