Old November 25th 07, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Bus timetables from the TfL Journey Planner

Prompted by another of today's threads I thought I'd post this.

There is one feature of the TfL Journey Planner I find very useful,
though judging by the reactions from friends and acquaintances when I
point them towards it I don't think it is well known about. It is the
ability to call up a PDF of a bus timetable which appears exactly the
same as those actually displayed at bus stops. (Tram timetables are
available through this facility as well.)

The Timetables lookup facility can be found from the Journey Planner
front page by clicking on the "Timetables" link on the right hand side
under the "See also" text, or by following this link:
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...reSel=tfl:63:*
or via http://tinyurl.com/cfmo3

The same facility will also give you timetables for Underground
stations, however in most cases these only show the first and last
train from the station and otherwise merely indicate trains "about
every x minutes" - though at least some of the timetables for stations
on the extremities can more illuminating.

If you are looking for first and last Underground trains, the "First
and last Tube" page (linked to on the left of the JP Timetables page)
is the place to go:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/1129.aspx

Also this DLR timetables page will let you view copies of the same
posters that appear at DLR stations:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/4523.aspx

Additionally there are other links on the left of the JP Timetables
page for London Overground and Thames river service timetables.