Old November 25th 07, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive. Clive. is offline

Default LT lies

In message
,
Boltar writes
I doubt staff lie deliberately but I've been in a number of situations
where they've given blatantly wrong information. My most recent
experience was a driver who told us the line was suspended and the
train was terminating at its current station. 5 minutes later after no
station announcements the train headed off again with a new driver.
Now either the signalman was full of it that day or the driver just
wanted to knock off early and needed an excuse to give us pax.

Is there not the possibility that the motorman was told to stable the
train at that station and just didn't know that relief was coming on
five minutes later, or that a driver became available?
--
Clive.