Old November 26th 07, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Will this work?

On 26 Nov, 11:59, Mark S wrote:
On Nov 26, 11:45 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"solar penguin" wrote in message

On 26 Nov, 11:12, "Paul Scott" wrote:

"Mark S" wrote:

If I touch in at West Kensington and travel to Ealing Broadway, and as
I am not needed to, do not touch out there... does this mean that when
I come home and only touch out at West Kensington I will be charged as
if I never left in the first place?

You would pay £8.00, because your PAYG account would have two unresolved
journeys, one with no exit, a £4.00 max cash fare, and one with no entry,
another £4.00 max cash fare.

What if you were seeing off a friend? You touch in at the barriers,
accompany your friend to the platform, wave goodbye as your friend
gets on the train, then you touch out again.

Not sure, but I don't think the concept of seeing off a friend (like a
platform ticket) has been catered for on PAYG.
You could of course do that with a travelcard season...

Paul

At the moment I have an annual travel card on my Oyster so I assume I
can do whatever I want and not be penalised right?

As long as it's valid for the zones you wish to travel within, then
pretty much yes.

But soon I may have to go pre-pay when I move and travel on Network
Rail.

Bear in mind that Oyster Pay-as-you-go (aka Pre-pay) is *not* valid on
most National Rail routes. See this page for more information...
http://nationalrail.co.uk/times_fare...ystercard.html

...and in particular this map (PDF)...
http://nationalrail.co.uk/system/gal...OysterPAYG.pdf