Old November 6th 03, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dominic Pinto Dominic Pinto is offline

Default tourist question re walking in London

Clive wrote:

In message , Dominic Pinto
writes

These walks range from around 5 to 10 miles, and are around the
periphery of the Underground network - which is mostly above ground
anyway, in terms of route mileage) - but still served by the red bus
network. Indeed there's also the country bus and Green Line networks to
consider .....

I haven't lived in London for 30+ years, and remember Green Line express
coaches well, I'd thought they'd finished when wide integration came in.
Are they still running as the express LT.. country buses then, or is
this something else?
--

see http://www.greenline.co.uk/

Green Line provides fast, frequent and friendly scheduled coach services
between London and the Home Counties. Stop off at this page now and plan
your journey using our Green Line timetables.

London Country Buses (until around 1970 part of London Transport) was
absorbed by the National Bus Company - see
http://www.ampyx.org.uk/lcountry/history.html - now all run in one form
or another by ARRIVA Crawley & East Surrey, ARRIVA East Herts & Essex,
ARRIVA The Shires and ARRIVA Kent Thameside, apparently.