Old November 26th 07, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default Annual season ticket

On Nov 26, 4:00 pm, gw2486 wrote:
I'm shortly going to renew my annual travelcard for the first time and
wondered if anyone could enlighten me in a few areas, some of which
I'm sure should be published information but I'm finding it
increasingly hard to find anything on the TfL website!

1) What percentage of my £1328 ticket goes to the retailer? Will my
local newsagent be incredibly appreciative if I go to him rather than
the local tube station?

Sorry, don't know about that

2) If I move during the year and I want to extend or restrict the
zonal validity of my ticket, what are the costs involved?

Cost is £5 admin fee for the change in number of zones, plus the pro-
rata cost (or refund for less zones) for the difference in the
validity. Plus the hassle of filling in the form and hoping that it
doesn't get lost in the post (which is what happened to me). The form
is available from any staffed station, but not all the staff seem to
know what it is. You also need a least a month's validity left to
exchange the ticket.

3) I know I'm entitled to various Gold Card benefits - is there any
detailed list of these available online? And for the one I'm most
likely to use - Network Railcard discount for an extension ticket
beyond my zones - what exactly do I ask for, Gold Card or Network
Railcard discount? And what evidence might I need to show - is it the
paper record card?

Generally just showing the Gold Card record card is sufficient when
buying extensions. You also get the option to buy a first class
upgrade for £5 at weekends. You can also use the Gold Card to buy
tickets for accompanying adults (33% off) and children (60% off), but
if used to buy a travelcard, you need to have the same zone validity
on the season as you are buying for the other people or you need to
buy a day ticket for yourself.

TIA for all your help!

gw