Old November 26th 07, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Will this work?

On 26 Nov, 15:37, "Kieran Turner"
wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:
Not sure, but I don't think the concept of seeing off a friend (like a
platform ticket) has been catered for on PAYG.
You could of course do that with a travelcard season...

But oddly, not with a daily travelcard. Presumably one is *allowed* to, but
I have to "seek assistance" if I try to exit almost immediately at the
station I boarded at. The barriers don't open.

Hopefully there's some sort of time-out after which it will work. I suppose
it depends on whether this is an "unforseen circumstance" or a deliberate
measure to prevent things like somebody passing their card on to somebody
else once they think they've finished with needing it for barriers further
on in their (last) journey.

This has been discussed before, but I really can't get my head round
why anyone trying to pass their card to someone else would put it
through the machine.

It seems that the system is programmed to prevent some very convoluted
and unlikely possibilities just because it CAN be programmed thus.
This has no effect on the bleedin obvious, like just handing it to
someone.