Old November 26th 07, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Walthamstow Central

On 26 Nov, 20:07, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 09:54:30 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

On 26 Nov, 17:06, Martyn Dawe wrote:

(snip previous quoted posts)

I used the Bus rail subway recently to use the NR to Liverpool St and
had to go to the ticket hall to Validate my Oyster Card.

There are Oyster readers (or more precisely validators) on both of the
'one' platforms so you shouldn't have needed to do that.

Err no there are not. They are strictly at the entrances to the platform
from each of the "one" ticket offices. The OP is correct.
--
Paul C

Misunderstanding alert. I thought Martyn Dawe was saying he had to go
*down* to the Tube ticket hall and validate his Oyster there, so I was
merely trying to point out that Oyster readers existed at overground
platform level on both platforms.

But of course I now see his point, that the subway provides a new
route to the 'one' platforms that doesn't pass any Oyster readers.
That's something I daresay 'one' railway should address before PAYG
goes live on their network in London in January.