Old November 26th 07, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Nice announcement

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 07:52:46 -0800 (PST), gw2486 wrote:

I'm also starting to get irritated by the new automatic platform
announcements on the Northern line(1) - she's just much too cheerful
on a Monday morning, and do we really need to constantly be reminded
to stand behind the yellow line(2)?

(1) I think on some other lines too, but I've had the dubious pleasure
of only using the Northern recently..

I haven't heard the ones on the Northern, but I wonder if they're in
the same tone as the extremely patronising ones at Finchley Road? They
sound as if the announcer is speaking to a small child.

They also contain lots of redundant information (like the next stop
for each train on each line in both directions, even though it's only
relevant for one line in one direction, and then only at peak times).
Combined with the high frequency of the service, and the fact that
each train is announced multiple times, they end up nattering away
almost constantly. Argh!