Old November 27th 07, 02:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default LT Museum Reopens

David of Broadway wrote:
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 01:07:38 +0000, John Rowland wrote:

Mizter T wrote:

So I dare suggest the Charing Cross annexe isn't at the top of the
LT Museum curator's to-do list!

A tube platform is unsuitable anyway, because the surface stock
wouldn't fit, and you could only have a dozen or so carriages in a
two platform station.

Tube stock is better than no stock. And a dozen carriages would be
great!

repeating myself There are two soon-to-be-unused tracks stretching
from Farringdon to Moorgate, passing a short walk from the Museum Of
London. The tracks are probably large enough for everything - I'm
sure even A-stock would fit.

Ah - excellent point! That gets us static displays on two tracks at
Moorgate and Barbican - much better than Charing Cross alone. Will
the tracks remain connected to the Thameslink line at Farrington?

No, but since they are alongside the Met, that wouldn't be a problem. I was
thinking that one track would be turned into a "platform" stretching from
Farringdon to Moorgate, and the other would be filled with trains.