Old November 7th 03, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mark Blewett Mark Blewett is offline

Default Hammersmith & City strike on 13 November

On 7 Nov 2003 00:50:06 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

"I@n" -uk wrote the following in:

I don't care what anyone says, doctors note or not, there is no
way someone can be well enough to play squash but be unable to
push a few buttons on a train, or perform lesser duties for a
while if necessary.

The union want to watch themselves on this one unless they are
deliberately out to lose what little credibility they've got left
with the public.

I don't think anyone can really comment without knowing what's meant to
have been wrong with this person and what is supposed to help them get
better.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard

quote:

"snip

"RMT union leaders justified the action of sacked driver Chris
Barrett, saying the squash was to help speed his recovery from an
ankle injury."

snip

He had been off sick with the injury for several months. When
confronted by the Evening Standard, he said: "I was not playing
squash. I was just exercising my ankle on a squash court."

snip"

Sorry but you don't book a squash court just to exercise and not play
squash!