Old November 7th 03, 12:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Hammersmith & City strike on 13 November

Robin May wrote:
"I@n" -uk wrote the following in:

I don't care what anyone says, doctors note or not, there is no
way someone can be well enough to play squash but be unable to
push a few buttons on a train, or perform lesser duties for a
while if necessary.

The union want to watch themselves on this one unless they are
deliberately out to lose what little credibility they've got left
with the public.

I don't think anyone can really comment without knowing what's meant
to have been wrong with this person and what is supposed to help them
get better.

Yes, we can't take an informed view on the medical issue, but we *can*
comment on the union's decision to strike. They have accused LU of not
following the proper process, but they are guilty of that too. What do
they industrial tribunals are for? Or perhaps they recognise that their
case is so weak that it would get thrown out?
--
Richard J.