Old November 27th 07, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive. Clive. is offline

Default LT lies

In message
, MIG
writes
All the underground lines, in maps for public consumption show all lines
to be either north south or east west, for clarity, what's wrong with
holding to that convention?
--
Clive.

I haven't seen any maps showing Southgate east of Arnos Grove. I was
defending the reference to a train heading north, which it would be in
reality and on all diagrams.

When I worked on the Central line, Leytonstone to Epping, though as
northbound as any other route, was still described as eastbound, as was
Newbury park to Hainault.
Hey, who am I to tell someone else that orienteering by tube isn't a
good idea?
--
Clive.