Old November 28th 07, 01:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default LT lies

John Rowland wrote

MIG wrote:

I once got out at Kentish Town in the ****ing rain* and couldn't

see
any road names, so I used a compass to find the starting direction

get to the London Hazards Centre (as was). However, this is

possibly
the only time in my whole life that I used a compass in London.

You never need a compass unless you are in the countryside or a

conservation
area, because satellite dishes in Britain always point south.

No satellite dishes in conservation areas.

And I am one of those who carries a tiny compass (on my key fob), even
in London.

Not needed when the sun shines of course.

--
Mike D