Old November 28th 07, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Will this work?

On Nov 27, 12:58 pm, Mark S wrote:
On Nov 27, 11:43 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Mark S" wrote in message

On Nov 26, 4:52 pm, MIG wrote:

On 26 Nov, 11:45, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Not sure, but I don't think the concept of seeing off a friend (like a
platform ticket) has been catered for on PAYG.
You could of course do that with a travelcard season...
I haven't done proper research, but my impression is that any paper
travelcard will give "Seek assistance" whereas an Oyster weekly will
let you go in and out with no problem.

Certainly, if I go to, say, platforms 1 - 4 at Charing Cross, just
miss my train and try to get out for the next one from platform 6, I
can't open the gate with a paper period travelcard.

I have often gone into a station, through the barriers, and within
minutes come out that same station with my Oyster card.

Was your PAYG balance reduced? Or was it a travelcard? It seems an important
distinction...

Paul S

I was just confirming what the previous poster thought... it does let
you do it. However, I have a annual travel card so I'm not sure if
that means PAYG would be different.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, my point was about the difference between period travelcards on
Oyster and paper. The latter don't seem to open the gates if used
repeatedly, but the former do. I can't see why the difference (but
that's mainly because I can't see why paper ones should be prevented).