Old November 29th 07, 11:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default LT lies

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 05:18:42PM -0800, MIG wrote:
On Nov 28, 3:26 pm, David Cantrell wrote:
If I were at Rayners Lane and told you that "that train's going west"
and "that train's going south" it would be obvious what I meant. If on
the other hand I were at Moor Park, then according to the map both
Watford and Harrow are east, according to the map, but in opposite
directions. Which is why if it's desperately important, then using
compass directions is stupid.

The posting that led to this was neither desperately important nor in
any way ambiguous.

A point that I have made a couple of times now. But then other people
chimed in with what-ifs when it *would* be important. It's called topic
drift. It happens a lot in conversations both online and off.

--
David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

Did you know that shotguns taste like candy canes? Put the barrel in
your mouth and pull the trigger for an extra blast of minty goodness!