Old November 29th 07, 06:16 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london
allan tracy allan tracy is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

I commuted for about 3 years daily Birmingham International to Euston
then Tube to the City.

It was taking me less time to commute than a colleague who travelled
in from Maidenhead who claimed the worst part of his journey was the
four-mile drive to Maidenhead station and the hopeless task of finding
a parking space.

I went the whole hog of booking a first class season, which by the
time you take into account the free food wasn't such a bad deal
compared to the standard fare.

Only trouble was, taken in combination with the lunchtime pigging out
session (why is there so much food everywhere in London?) my waistline
exploded.

I was commuting during the final days of loco haulage as well so was
rewarded on numerous occasions by class 47 haulage - something of a
bonus.

With the new trains I would imagine I could be saving a good hour on
the commute nowadays.