Old November 29th 07, 06:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

In message , at 17:44:18 on
Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Graham Harrison
remarked:
Many years ago (mid/late 70s) I worked in a travel agency in Fleet Street.
Customer came in and I needed his address which he gave me as somewhere near
Coventry. When I asked if he was just in London for the day he said "no"
and explained that he had found that the season fare from Coventry was less
than somewhere like Brighton or Worthing. He also pointed out that Coventry
took no longer than Brighton and plenty of people did that journey.

Much the same arguement (timewise, don't know about the fares) can be made
for Stafford versus plenty of South Coast "commuter" towns where nobody
would bat an eyelid.

It's only a bit over an hour from Grantham to KX (hardly any longer than
Cambridge). It's time that matters, not distance.