Old November 29th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Read Chris Read is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

"Cheeky" wrote:

A lad I know does it from Crewe to London each day. As you said -
rather him than me although an hour and 16 minutes isn't that bad. It
can take that on a bad day from South Manchester to Wigan. I suppose
it depends on what the journeys are at either end.

I'm 1hr 45m each way, door to door, from Seaford (Sussex) to the Fleet
Street area.

The mitigating factors, for me, are the ability to work from home one day a
week, and living within two minutes walk of the platform, thus avoiding any
faffing about with parking and de-icing in winter etc. Even so, it's a long
(and expensive) haul. Surprisingly, I've got used to the early starts (05.45
train), but if I miss the 17.46 from London Bridge, it's 'back home, into
bed, get up', and I'm shattered by Wednesday.

Chris