Old November 29th 07, 11:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MrMr MrMr is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

"Sam" wrote:
Hi All

Due to my partner's working commitments it looks like we will be moving
from London to the Stafford area

Has anyone experience of commuting from Stafford to EUS ? Needing to
arrive into EUS about 0900 and leaving at 1700 ish, chances of getting
seats, frequency of delays etc etc ?

Yep, I do it every day and have done for the past 18 months. A monthly
season ticket cost 775.80 with the underground included.

The 6:43 gets into EUS at about 8:20. One the way back there is the 17:21
which is heaving as it stops at Rugby and Nuneaton or the 17:45 which is a
bit quieter. Your best bet is to reserve a seat as all the trains can get a
bit full. Not really many delays but it seems worse on trains leaving
London. The worst part is the seats on the Virgin trains which appear to
have been designed by a legless dwarf. First class is better but the prices
are a bit steep, well over 1000 per month last time I looked.