Old November 30th 07, 09:05 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

In message
, at
14:36:16 on Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Rupert Candy
remarked:
In my Cambridge commuting days, when everything worked I was
pretty smug, but when (for example) the train sat down at Letchworth I
didn't have the option of hopping on a bus with my Oyster. To say
nothing of the numerous times when the portion from Kings Lynn refused
to mate with the portion sitting at the platform in Cambridge, often
leading to the whole thing being cancelled (with me a good 50 miles
from my desk...)

I gave up when one morning it took three hours to get from Royston as
far as Huntingdon (my ultimate destination Peterborough), a trip that
has a straight road between them, half an hour by car. At Huntingdon we
were all tipped out (for the umpteenth time that day). And as you say,
not much to do then except perhaps get a taxi back home and start again
tomorrow!