Old November 30th 07, 01:08 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

On 29 Nov, 20:32, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
12:14:22 on Thu, 29 Nov 2007, MIG
remarked:

It's only a bit over an hour from Grantham to KX (hardly any longer than
Cambridge). It's time that matters, not distance.

It's also price, which varies with distance more than with time.

It's obviously a bit of both, but people are reluctant to commute much
more than an hour, even if it's really cheap.

I work in London (Zone 2, west london), 3 people in the office have a
1h commute, the other 14 take over an hour. Personally it's 07:55-
09:10 for me in the morning, and 17:30-18:55 in the evening, however

if I leave 5 minute late, or the bakerloo is really bad, I miss the
connection at Harrow and get in 45 minutes later.
Thats bike/train/tube/bike.

Before moving it was a direct tube and took 1h10 door to door, plus an
average 8 minutes wait for the non-timetabled tube, so the same. Bike
all the way took 2h15 though, which is a lot less than it would take
for the 50 miles now