Old November 30th 07, 10:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] bowroaduk@yahoo.com is offline

Default London PA Voice Emma Clarke F ired for Slamming Tube

Better still let's get rid of her recorded announcements and all the
rest of the non-stop aural intrusion and pollution LUL passengers are
subjected to seemingly every 30 seconds or so....

When I wait for a train I'd want to know where it is, not be told
instead that "busking" is illegal (it's not, if authorised) or the
smoking is "not allowed" on any "LRT" bus station (it's not, if it's
open air - e.g. Becontree Heath, and what's LRT, pray?), or that I
should "stand behind the yellow line at all times" (in which case how
can I ever board at train?).

Probably the "best" of all is the totally unwarranted or asked for
patronising female "welcome to London Underground" just broadcast at
random.

Why can't these people just shut up?