Old December 1st 07, 06:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Lew 1 Lew 1 is offline

Default Thameslink and LUL changes in King's Cross

Am I the only one who thinks those are bizarre names for trains?

I actually like the idea of a train being named "Kings Cross Thameslink".
OK, so just standing on the platforms made you feel like a prostitute, but
the station was (is) an integral part of the Thameslink route - with an
interesting history to boot.

The station's totally inadequacy in respect to capacity and general
pleasantness spoke volumes in the history of that route as a whole. I'm sad
to see it go, but know that its way past its sell by date.

I'll say a quiet goodbye to it when I am next there a week on Saturday.

Best Wishes,
LEWIS