Old December 1st 07, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default London PA Voice Emma Clarke F ired for Slamming Tube

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 20:23:21 -0000, "Lew 1"
wrote:

Perhaps... I actually like most of the Underground's announcements. And if
anyone ever got rid of the automated platform announcements on the Picadilly
line stations at Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Holborn etc... then I
would write to LU to demand them put back. Its annoying enough when some
incomprehensible staff member cuts over them to say exactly the same thing.

I find that the manual ones are more annoying in a lot of cases.
While it is in some ways a nice aspect of the Tube that you get to
hear a bit of your driver's personality, it is not necessary to say 20
permutations of "mind the doors" before hitting the close button, nor
indeed to say anything at all bar perhaps where the train is going.
The warning bleeper performs that job quite adequately.

Neil

--
Neil Williams