Old December 2nd 07, 08:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morton Jonathan Morton is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

"MrMr" wrote in message

The 6:43 gets into EUS at about 8:20. One the way back there is the 17:21
which is heaving as it stops at Rugby and Nuneaton or the 17:45 which is a
bit quieter. Your best bet is to reserve a seat as all the trains can get
bit full. Not really many delays but it seems worse on trains leaving
London. The worst part is the seats on the Virgin trains which appear to
have been designed by a legless dwarf. First class is better but the
prices
are a bit steep, well over 1000 per month last time I looked.

But, but, but... a season is one of the times when first class is usually
worth the extra [1], as it's 150% of the standard fare (160% on some lines,
I know). Since that gets you a seat and coffee etc, I guess it's worth it. I
have never travelled on the 1721 ex Euston, but I can picture standard on
it - and it's not a pretty sight.

[1] The others IMHO are Advance Purchase deals and cases where you would
have to buy an open return if you travelled in standard.

Regards

Jonathan