Old December 2nd 07, 09:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morton Jonathan Morton is offline

Default Commuting from Stafford = London

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message
, at
13:53:25 on Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Paul Weaver remarked:
But, but, but... a season is one of the times when first class is
usually
worth the extra [1], as it's 150% of the standard fare (160% on some
lines,
I know). Since that gets you a seat and coffee etc, I guess it's worth
it.

Only gets you coffee on some "Intercity" services. Many suburban First
Class services have no catering at all (eg FCC).

But more likely to need the guarenteed seat (exSilverlink being an
exception, no catering, but no seating problems)

A better chance of a seat is a "good thing". But I don't want anyone to
think they'll also get free coffee!

Fair comment. On many lines it's a case of first class giving you a choice
of trains, because the obvious ones are rammed in standard.

Regards

Jonathan