Old December 3rd 07, 05:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Thameslink and LUL changes in King's Cross

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Mr Thant wrote:

On 3 Dec, 16:26, Tom Anderson wrote:

I'm all but certain that there is not a four-track approach to the station
from the north.

I can't find maps or diagrams giving any details, though. Possibly people
who are more au fait with council planning department websites etc might
do.

This is the best one I've found online:
http://www.arup.com/_assets/_download/download268.pdf

Not great, but it shows the four tracks enter the station box
separately, and that there probably isn't enough width for conversion to
islands.

Hmm, no, it looks like there isn't.

There might be room to build a two-storey structure, with a northbound
island on top of a southbound island, and the junction to the south, but i
imagine it would be rather expensive to build!

I have a feeling Quail shows the junction, as it was planned when the map
was printed, and might even give mileage. I'll check later.

tom

--
this place would be a paradise tomorrow if every department had a
supervisor with a sub-machine gun