Old December 5th 07, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew Dickinson Matthew Dickinson is offline

Default Zones 1-D one-day travelcard purchase at a Southeastern Railwaystation

On 5 Dec, 13:45, "Paul Scott" wrote:
"Matthew Dickinson" wrote in message

So my question now is: what is going on here? Why do the history of
newsgroup discussions on this topic, the automatic ticket-selling
machines at Crayford and the staff member at Crayford (who did seem to
be trying to find the ticket in some sort of book of what he could sell)
all agree that this purchase isn't possible, but Southeastern customer
services insist it should be? Has this changed recently or something?

Any enlightenment welcomed!

Paul

It's not available from the automatic machines, but the ticket seller
is able to issue it as a One Day Travelcard, as long as they set the
origin station to Amersham.

However, am I right in saying this only works because Crayford is within the
zonal area, ie you wouldn't be able to do the same from a station outside
the zones...

Outside of the zonal area a separate CDR would have to be purchased to
the boundary.