Old December 6th 07, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default New fares leaflet plan

"Walter Briscoe" wrote in message
Some time ago I was given a reference here to the Zone A to D fares
leaflet which can be found at
www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/fares-to-from-moor-park-0709.pdf. I
omitted to save the thread, can't find it and so can't continue it.
EVENTUALLY, I managed to get a paper copy. I reported my difficulty via
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/contact/default.asp?type=tube. I got a prompt
reply from which I quote:

"As this document is mainly of concern to customers of Moor Park and
stations north of it, stations south of there stock a limited number of
the 11 page document. ... When stocks of a document run low, stations
should re-order, and I apologise if they did not do this in time."

That is the theoretical position. I found ticket office staff at Aldgate
to Moorgate without knowledge of the document. It took a copy of the front
page and good co-operation from a Station Supervisor at Liverpool Street
to get a paper copy delivered by train.

I think I mentioned it in the context of why there wasn't a very similar
leaflet already available, on the web or at stations, for the outer reaches
of the DC lines at the time LO commenced. Combining the info could lead to
a certain complexity, especialy as it is expected Watford Met and Watford
Junction will be in entirely different zones (or not in the zones at all...)

The staff you asked probably just believe that anyone needing a leaflet
about the far northwest of the network must start their journey there, after
all no one ever makes their first ever tube journey 'from' the centre of
London, do they...

Paul