Old December 6th 07, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MaxB MaxB is offline

Default SPAD Signal

On 6 Dec, 08:14, PhilD wrote:
On Dec 5, 11:13 pm, Barry Salter wrote:

Can anyone tell me if this is in use? How does it work? Are there
others? Etc..

The short answer is that it's a SPAD (Signal Passed At Danger) Indicator.

snip Barry's explanation

There are others dotted around the country. I know of some at
Reading. They tend to appear in busy/cluttered areas where risk of
over run is higher (or at least, the consequences could be worse).

PhilD

--

Thanks - I assume the most likely scenario is that the driver accepts
the RA from the platform and ignores the signal (which presumably he

MaxB