Old December 6th 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default New fares leaflet plan

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:00:16 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:

Aha - well, the new zones aren't a secret. I've been intending to post
on here about them for a while but haven't got round to it, I will
endeavour to do so a little later this evening.

Well here's the official set of info that I saw today.

Fare zone changes

With effect from start of traffic on the above date, Fare Zones A & B
will merge to become Zone 7, Zone C will become Zone 8, and Zone D
becomes Zone 9.

Watford Junction will remain outside of the zones with special fares
applying for Oyster Pay As You Go (PAYG) and Travelcard season tickets.
Station Zone Changes

London Underground

Station Current Zone New Zone
Moor Park 6/A 6/7
Croxley A 7
Watford A 7
Rickmansworth A 7
Chorleywood B 7
Chalfont & Latimer C 8
Chesham D 9
Amersham D 9

London Overground

Station Current Zone New Zone
Acton Central 2 3
Hampstead Heath 3 2
Willesden Junction 3 2/3
Carpenders Park B* 7**
Bushey C* 8*
Watford High Street C* 8**

* For Oyster Pay As You Go fares only
** For all single fares and Travelcards

Customers with valid tickets to Zones A - D will continue to be accepted
until their expiry date without the need for customers to have their
ticket exchanged, but Zone D Travelcards will not be valid for journeys
to Watford Junction.

There will be a zone "W" to cover PAYG / Travelcards to Watford
Junction.

Introduction of directional PAYG charges between Euston and Watford
Junction

From 2 January 2008, variable directional charging will be introduced on
Mondays to Fridays for journeys wholly between Euston and Watford
Junction and all intermediate stations. Customers travelling towards
Watford Junction between 07.00 and 09.30, and towards Euston between
16.30 and 18.59 will be charged the reduced rate of PAYG. Journeys
starting, or finishing at other stations on the network will continue to
be charged at the standard PAYG rate.

Extension of Oyster PAYG to National Rail stations

c2c Chiltern 'One'

Dagenham Dock Northolt Park Bethnal Green
Rainham (Essex) Sudbury Hill, Harrow Cambridge Heath
Sudbury & Harrow Road Clapton
Wembley Stadium Hackney Downs
London Fields
Rectory Road
Stoke Newington
Stamford Hill
St James Street

Interesting to note that these are "fill in" PAYG installations for
Chitern and One and are not an extension of PAYG beyond the stations
where current interavailability applies e.g. Seven Sisters, Tottenham
Hale, Walthamstow Central and South / West Ruislip.

Apparently Ealing Broadway - Greenford on FGW is due for PAYG early in
2008.

--
Paul C