Old December 7th 07, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default The King's Cross St. Pancras nexus - a novelty tube map

In message , at 15:51:14 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2007, Sky Rider remarked:
I also believe that the platform 1-8 footbridge at KX will eventually be
the only way *onto* platforms 1-7, with exit-only at the buffer ends.

Really?! That isn't going to be at all popular, having to lug one's
luggage up then down some stairs. Though of course there could be
lifts for each platform,

Yes.

and a ramp at the west side to access the bridge, so it could be
mitigated somewhat. And the main concourse is going to be on the west
side I suppose, so maybe it's not going to be an issue at all.

My impression was that there's going to be a new concourse in the gap
between KX and StP (the existing concourse in front of the buffers and
south of the departures board being demolished and replaced by an
outdoors area - that's why the buffers will be exit only as in the new
plan they'll tip out almost onto the street).

That new concourse to be at 1st floor level, or ramped, or something. It
does seem to mean that access from the street will be more difficult.