Old December 8th 07, 01:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sky Rider Sky Rider is offline

Default Tube -- St Pancras Thameslink

Paul Oter wrote:
On 8 Dec, 13:40, Sky Rider wrote:
Sarah Brown wrote:
In article ,
Sky Rider wrote:
I promise you that I am not making this up - you will have to allow much
more time to make this interchange I'm afraid. Hopefully this map can be
of some help:http://tinyurl.com/2es47u
If I'm readign that right, there will never be interchange between St
Pancras Thameslink and the Underground. Surely some mistake?

No mistake - *all* Thameslink passengers who get on/off at StP must go
through the gateline. In particular Victoria line passengers will be in
for a shock, although the Northern Ticket Hall (to open in 2010) will
shorten the walking distance between the deep-level lines and StP (TL)
slightly (particularly the Northern line). In any case the walking
distance for Met/Circle/H&C line passengers will not change tomorrow.

So what will be the best route for a passenger from, say, Luton who
wants to get to, say, Paddington? Will it still be easier overall to
remain on the train at KXSP and change at Farringdon?

PaulO

That is indeed the case. The time it will take to walk from Platform A
at StP to the sub-surface platforms at KXSP and hop on the train is the
same as the time it will take to ride from StP to ZFD (Farringdon), do a
cross-platform interchange (TL - LUL) and ride from ZFD to KXSP.