Old December 9th 07, 01:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 14:38:28 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

Whoever designed that aspect of StP (was it the architect we saw
agonising over small details on TV, or someone else) has clearly got an
aversion to seating.

Same as Euston[1], then? Maybe it was intentional to encourage
business for the shops and bars. Mind you, Blackhole isn't exactly
well-endowed with seating, bar that almost-floor-level bar that people
tend to sit on on the platforms.

[1] I am a big fan of Euston as a very practical station, if not
anything like as beautiful as St. P. However, it has two very bad
design features. One is the lack of seating, and the other is the
lack of a marked-out (perhaps with railings) area in which passengers
should *not* stand and wait on the concourse, which means that getting
to the suburban platforms in the peak can be a slow affair.

Neil

--
Neil Williams