Old December 9th 07, 04:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default St P.I..L.L Impressions.

"Railist" wrote in message
On Dec 9, 3:30 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Peter Lawrence wrote:
First impressions of the Thameslink platforms at St Pancras which
opened on time this morning (after what must have been a massive
tidy-up operation).

Where's the street entrance? I drove through Midland Road yesterday and
couldn't see any signs marking a station at all.

Pancras Rd - probably why the station isn't being called 'Midland Rd'
anymore?

The Midland Road doors were signed internally as a 'taxi only' exit when
was last there a couple of weeks ago - perhaps they feel its still too
much
of a building site that side?

Paul

National Rail refers to the station (on it's departures board) as
STPXBOX.

Teething troubles? - the trains through the station are currently shown on
LDBs as calling at St Pancras Domestic, (but not the other way round, ie STP
only shows EMT trains), although I'm sure a few weeks ago someone posted a
separate TLC for the low level platforms.

Paul S