Old December 11th 07, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default New fares leaflet plan

On Dec 7, 8:55 pm, Matthew Dickinson
wrote:
Railcard discounts can now be loaded onto Oyster,
except Network and Family.

I actually went 'ooh' when I read this on the tube the other day. The
discounts only apply to the off-peak cap, so while it's not likely to
save me money on getting to work during the week (peak times for
capping are 0430-0930, while peak times for single fares are
0700-0930), some back-of-the-envelope calculations show that pre-pay
will normally be better value for me than a weekly Travelcard.

The new Fares and Tickets leaflet says:
"This new discount daily price cap applies to holders of the following
National Rail Railcards: Disabled Persons, HM Forces, Senior and Young
Persons.
You will need an Oyster card with your discount concession loaded on
it. For full details visit tfl.gov.uk/fares"

The website doesn't yet have any information, but here are the new
capping rates, both undiscounted, and with Railcard discount:

Journeys in Peak Off-Peak Off-Peak (R)
Zones 1-2 £6.30 £4.80 £3.10
Zones 1-3 £7.50 £5.40 £3.50
Zones 1-4 £8.90 £5.40 £3.50