Old November 8th 03, 09:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MorrisJ2 MorrisJ2 is offline

Default Public transport in London in 18*7*9

Thanks for the interesting replies about 1829. There was less "public
transport" than I had thought!

Could I ask the same question for 1879 - ie: what *other* public transport was
available in London 50 years after the city's first omnibus route started? Or
recommendations of websites to help in my quest? I have obtained an "onnibus
guide" for this year (although it proclaims itself to be incomplete) and I'm
sure information on main line railways for the year is readily available.
I believe there would have been one or two horse tramways by this time, and
possibly the "Tower Subway" cable cars? I'm even more vague on water-bourne
transport.

I *had* begun an 1879 London public transport map based on Mr Harris's
historical maps (www.busmap.org) with permission, but lost it all due to a PC
problem! I'll (hopefully) upload a new PDF version to www.earthfish.co.uk
sometime soon.

Thanks again for any help given.