Old December 12th 07, 12:06 PM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport, uk.transport.london
Andy Andy is offline

Default New DLR station opened today

On Dec 12, 12:42 pm, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, John B wrote:
On 11 Dec, 17:15, Tom Anderson wrote:

This map has the W&C and GN&C in solid orange:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/clive.billson/1986.html

Wow - was the H&C (or Met, in those days) past Whitechapel really once
peak-hours only?

It still is, isn't it? I have a friend who lived in Stepney a few years
ago, and getting home from hers was a nightmare in the evenings for
exactly that reason.

Nope, the H&C runs through to Barking 7 days a week, throughout the
day now and has for quite a few years. Of course, that doesn't mean
that it does so reliably.

And did Met trains from the main line really only run through to Aldgate
in the peaks?

Er, they still do.

They run both during the peak and the off peak, 7 days a week. Most of
the Uxbridge line services run to / from Aldgate and some of the
Amersham services also run through to/from Aldgate. In the past, there
was only a peak-hour service, but like the H&C line the off-peak
Aldgate services have run through for some years.

Maybe you knew these things. Apologies, my sarcasm detector is broken this
morning.

tom

--
Intensive Erfrischung