Old December 12th 07, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default New "small" LUL ticket machines

On 12 Dec, 11:56, Boltar wrote:
They take cards, don't they? As such, they're significantly easier
than anything relying on obsolete metal-based payment solutions...

Ah , you're an endless source of amusement sometimes.

That "obselete metal based payment" is a shed load quicker that using
a credit card and when theres a large queue of people that matters. A
LOT!

Let's have a ticket machine race at a NR or LUL station of your
choice. I'll pay card, you can pay cash (notes, requiring change,
obviously). We'll see what the difference is...

Personally I find it intensely irritating when I'm in a queue in the
supermarket or wherever, when some dick has to pay for a few quids
worth of goods by card because they're too lazy to carry cash and so
they delay everyone else.

If everyone had the exact right change ready for their goods when they
reached the front of a queue, you might have a point.

In the real world, the process of using a card in a supermarket is
just as quick as paying cash, given people's annoying habit of
requiring change and/or not counting out the right money in
advance...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org