Old December 12th 07, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Least used

On 12 Dec, 13:44, alex_t wrote:
Only if they build Crossrail 2 - at the moment, it's slated to take over
the Hainault loop. Which, given the facts mentioned here, seems like pure
madness.

Actually I think current Crossrail 2 "plans" involved Epping branch
being overtaken and Hainault branch being left for Central line.

Lots of stations that could be deemed to be in the loop are very busy,
eg South Woodford, at which about half the remaining contents of
Epping trains get off in the evening rush hour. The less used bits
are the worst served, ie between Woodford and Hainault. It's partly
self-fulfilling I suspect. Make the service unattractive and claim
there's no demand. Although the demand must also be limited.

The Epping and Hainault lines were both originally branches from
Liverpool Street, with the latter running from where Ilford depot is
to Newbury Park (and the tunnel added later for the Central Line).