Old December 12th 07, 06:00 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
David Biddulph David Biddulph is offline

Default New DLR station opened today

"Mizter T" wrote in message
On 12 Dec, 18:23, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Dec 2007, John B wrote:
On 12 Dec, 12:42, Tom Anderson wrote:

This map has the W&C and GN&C in solid orange:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/clive.billson/1986.html

Wow - was the H&C (or Met, in those days) past Whitechapel really
once
peak-hours only?

It still is, isn't it? I have a friend who lived in Stepney a few
years
ago, and getting home from hers was a nightmare in the evenings for
exactly that reason.

No. It's Whitechapel-only on late evenings (last train ex-Barking is
the 2051) and Sundays, but runs to Barking for the rest of the day Mon-
Sat.

Ah, so it's still not all day every day to Barking. More than just in the
peaks, granted, but it's still an annoying pattern. Some people still
want
to travel into town after nine!

District to Aldgate, exit and walk to Aldgate East for the Circle or
Met lines would be one way to deal with it - is Aldgate and Aldgate
East an outerchange I wonder, coz it should be if it ain't though I
bet it already is.

I think you're mixed up between Aldgate and Aldgate East? Isn't it Circle
and Met at Aldgate, and District (+ H&C) at Aldgate East?
--
David Biddulph