Old December 12th 07, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default Your Auto top-up payment has failed

wrote:

Then I tried the helpline. But the options for auto top-up do not let
you talk to a person at all and there is no option if your auto top-up
has really failed. So then I tried the failed card option, works some
of the time. Fortunately, with that there is eventually an option 0 to
talk to someone.

I had the same this morning - and after not finding any relevant
options, resorted to the technique of mashing random buttons on the
telephone keypad until the system relented and connected me to a
human.

The woman I spoke to took just a moment to realise the email was sent
in error, apologised for it, and said she'd pass it on to the sales
team to look into.

As an aside, I called Orange later and couldn't find an appropriate
menu item. The random keypresses approach gave me a "we cannot process
your call further" message and disconnected me. They're obviously wise
to this game.

- martin