Old December 13th 07, 09:09 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Class 172 Turbostar Ordered

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:59:43 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

GoVia West Midlands have announced the signing of the somewhat delayed order
for their Class 172 Turbostars today, perhaps the TfL order for the GOBLIN
trains will now follow as well...

http://www.londonmidland.com/index.p..._items/view/22

Interesting - I wonder what price they've had to pay after the mistake
of saying they'd be Turbostars when the tendering / negotiation process
was far from complete.

I do hope the TfL order follows sharpish as I want new trains on the
GOBLIN as it's my local (Overground) line and (almost) anything must be
better than clapped out 150s.

I appreciate we don't really have a definitive view of the 1300 or 1700
new carriages but I've yet to see the GOBLIN diesel replacements
anywhere on any summary published so far.
--
Paul C