Old December 14th 07, 03:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default New DLR station opened today

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Andy wrote:

On Dec 13, 6:58 pm, Mizter T wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:

(snip)

I smell circular reasoning! Why can't the ELL going to use A stock?
Because St Mary's curve is being taken out. Why is St Mary's curve being
taken out? Because the ELL isn't going to use A stock!

(snip)

I haven't been following the rest of the discussion, however I saw the
above comments and will just add that I thought St. Mary's curve was
staying in.

I think that it was originally, but it would only have been as a through
siding, not as a fully signalled through route.

What's a 'through siding'? Does that mean it's a through route, but
signalled differently - presumably, in a cheaper but lower-capacity way?
Since it'd only be used for stock transfers, that would have been fine, i
think.

tom

--
REMOVE AND DESTROY