Old December 15th 07, 11:36 AM posted to uk.railway, uk.transport, uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default New DLR station opened today

On Dec 15, 11:21 am, Mizter T wrote:
On 15 Dec, 11:11, "Paul Scott" wrote:

"alex_t" wrote:

Less welcome is the fact that passengers on the Stratford branch now
have no trains beyond Canary Wharf after 10am in the morning. Thanks!

Also I'm amazed that new 5 minute service is only between 9:30 and
15:30 - which makes it totally useless since DLR Stratford service is
usually overloaded during 7:00-9:00, 17:00-19:00 peaks...

Is it possible that the timetable is temporary while awaiting additional
stock to be delivered?

Paul S

I use the DLR fairly often, but I must admit I haven't followed the
timetable changes closely.

How long has the Stratford branch had this 10 minute frequency for?
The Jubilee line obviously took much of the DLR's Stratford - Canary
Wharf custom away, but given the long 'outerchange' between the
Jubilee and DLR at Canary Wharf I expect that many passengers from
Stratford heading for points south on the line to Lewisham would just
take the DLR all the way.

I have often travelled from the bottom part of the DLR to Bow. It's
only Stratford itself for which there's an alternative, which is not a
very good one as mentioned above.