Old December 15th 07, 06:21 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default The Ermine strikes back - The Crossrail Saga

"Chris" wrote in message

24 Crossrail trains an hour leaves little or no room for extra trains
to fit in on the same tracks as Crossrail, so there's little room for
any other way of running slow (non-Crossrail) to Reading - even if you
remove, say, half of those (12) that would probably terminate at
Heathrow. I doubt it would be as many as 12 trains to Heathrow though
- I can't see the customer levels for heathrow needing a train every 5
minutes (12 an hour). So maybe 6 Heathrows and 18 to Maidenhead would
be a better assumption? Still no real room to insert slow Readings in
between the CRossrails after Hayes though.

Your proposals haven't accounted for about half the crossrail trains not
going any further than the turnback sidings at the 'ghost station' at
Westbourne Park?

Paul S