Old December 16th 07, 12:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Railcard discounts on Oyster Prepay

On 16 Dec, 01:06, Mizter T wrote:
I'm genuinely confused as to what that means - it could mean that all
journeys on the Watford Jn - Euston line will be treated differently
to the rest of LU and LO in not just simply charging the more
expensive PAYG fare between 7am-7pm - in which case Bakerloo
passengers would also benefit from these cheaper fares on the shared
stretches.

This document has the formal list of new fares (7MB PDF):
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...s-dec-2007.pdf

Everything between Watford Junction and Zone is set by London Midland
rather LO. I'd assume far more customers use the former for this
journey. It does mention (paraphrasing) "The standard fare is charged
7am-7pm; discount fares at other times; Discount fares will _also_
apply at other times for certain journeys to or from Euston". Though
as in the booklet, the actual fares aren't mentioned.

I really don't know - I can see all sorts of possibilities, but
without exact information on how things will be working to/from
Watford Junction, including a table of fares and confirmation of
whether there will be a "zone W" cap or not, it's all just
speculation.

The 1-W cap is listed as also being London Midland's responsibility,
so may exist. Zone n-W (where n1) caps aren't mentioned at all.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London